Last year, I started a project intended to bake at least one pie a week for the year. I got through about April or so, when a month-long illness knocked my plans awry. After I got back into it, I decided that I liked baking pies better than I liked blogging about baking pies, so the blog posts stopped. I didn't make my goal of a pie a week, but I certainly did learn how to make a pie and I've discovered some winner recipes.
I still want to explore pies, but I think a more relaxed goal is in order. In 2012, I will bake a new pie every month and hopefully blog about the experience. I've put together a list, primarily based on pies I didn't get to last year.
- January - Nutmeg Pie
- February - Oatmeal Butterscotch Pie
- March - Maple Pecan Pie
- April - All-Rhubarb Pie (perhaps May based on availability)
- May - Shoofly Pie
- June - Sweet-Tart Lemon Pie
- July - Ultimate Four-Cherry Pie
- August - Creamsicle Pie
- September - Black Bottom Ricotta Pie
- October - Dried Cranberry Walnut Pie
- November - Spiced Pumpkin Indian Pudding Pie
- December - Eggnog Chiffon Pie