03 January 2012

2012 Pie Resolution

cross-posted from my personal blog Tro Creideamh - one in a series of posts about 2012 resolutions

Last year, I started a project intended to bake at least one pie a week for the year. I got through about April or so, when a month-long illness knocked my plans awry. After I got back into it, I decided that I liked baking pies better than I liked blogging about baking pies, so the blog posts stopped. I didn't make my goal of a pie a week, but I certainly did learn how to make a pie and I've discovered some winner recipes.

I still want to explore pies, but I think a more relaxed goal is in order. In 2012, I will bake a new pie every month and hopefully blog about the experience. I've put together a list, primarily based on pies I didn't get to last year.
  • January - Nutmeg Pie
  • February - Oatmeal Butterscotch Pie
  • March - Maple Pecan Pie
  • April - All-Rhubarb Pie (perhaps May based on availability)
  • May - Shoofly Pie
  • June - Sweet-Tart Lemon Pie
  • July - Ultimate Four-Cherry Pie
  • August - Creamsicle Pie
  • September - Black Bottom Ricotta Pie
  • October - Dried Cranberry Walnut Pie
  • November - Spiced Pumpkin Indian Pudding Pie
  • December - Eggnog Chiffon Pie
Here's to more pie in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment